Friday, May 14, 2010

Pregnancy = Nesting = Projects

With the third baby on the way, I want to get myself organized and start "programs" in our home that will help us all develop good habits. We have a simple chore chart, FHE planner, calendar, at home education objectives, and my favorite - The "I'm Bored" Board. Which is the board with 4 pockets, each one has a different label - with Mom, with Sibling, with family, and by yourself. It will have cards with the different activities the kids can do around the house when they are completely out of ideas.

Because Alex goes to a public montessori school, they handle their classtime a little differently. Instead of receiving instruction throughout the day, they have a good block of "work time" where they can choose different "works" (which are activities set up around the room) Each week his teacher puts different picture clues in his "work not done" folder and he can look in there when he thinks he is out of work to do. These all need to be completed by friday each week. It helps her to direct his learning and challenge him appropriately. I hope these boards can be used in a similar way at home.

$2 antique garage sale lamp renovated to fit a standard light bulb
My Latest Painting


Large photos mounted on foam core and cut at an angle to look like they're floating

2 comments:

GumbyandPokey said...

Everything looks great. Love your painting and the large photos on the wall. I need to get more organized. Too bad I'm not nesting...

Cindi

Carrie said...

Your house looks beautiful, you look gorgeous and I'm so excited for you selling your art! I was just thinking the other day that I really do need to send you a photo because that would be the coolest thing ever to see it become a painting!!! This week I'll do it!