Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My new pull down shelf

Thanks to my fantastic sister in law Victoria, I get to actually use one of my upper cupboards!

The challenge I faced when I thought about filling this precious space was how to use the space effectively. I went to tupperware.com where I saw PERFECT systems for holding common bulk items like wheat bran, corn meal, flax seed, spices, rice... all the stuff I have in half opened bags in my pantry. But tupperware was WAY out of my price range. Sorry, tupperware. I know you would last my whole lifetime and my children's lifetime, but I can't shell out hundreds of dollars right now. So instead I went to this local place called the Creation Station where they sell reusable items that people have donated. This is where I found 5 Nestle Quick boxes and 12 playdough containers. It cost a couple dollars and I know that I can now save my incoming nestle quick and playdoh containers and have a uniform use for them.



2 comments:

GumbyandPokey said...

I am going to remember to save my play dough containers for spices. Mine are a mess. I love the idea!!

Cindi

Kelly & Victoria said...

Wow! It looks great Em. Let me know if you want any more!