A couple Saturdays ago I had the chance to attend a Paralympic Track and Field Clinic put on by the City of San Jose Rec Program and the Paralympic Club here in Silicon Valley.
It was an amazing day. I had the chance to meet and be coached by Teresa Skinner. She is in London right now coaching the Paralymic athletes who are competing August 29 - September 9th. She was so so so helpful. In only an hour she helped me with my stroke so much. The few things she taught me will stay with me forever and probably keep me racing faster and longer.
Watch the Paralympics online starting August 29th
I also had a quick Javelin and Shotput lesson from World Record Holder Angela Madsen. It was super fun to get up on that little seat and throw stuff as far as I could. I used many new muscles. I hurt afterwards.





2 comments:
It looks like it was a lot of fun. Is there shot put or javelin competitions in your future?
I don't see field events in my future because they don't seem to jive with racing. The muscles are so different. Plus, it hurt. I'm just not that kind of strong.
Post a Comment