Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I bought art... yay!

One of the most exciting things I have ever purchased - This Ed Lucey painting. I saw an image of it online 3 weeks before I visited Ed's studio for the anual Silicon Valley Open Studio that takes place in May. It was love at first sight and I certainly did not expect to see it available for purchase at his studio. So lucky me, I got to take it home. I had chills all day. 


The quote displayed to the side is the last phrase of the song "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" by Isaac Watts. I have many connections to this song and this final phrase has always stayed with me. I sang it with my youth choir in high school, it was the last song at Gordon B. Hinkley's funeral by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and it was sung by the Cathedral Singers boys choir at the National Cathedral after 9/11.


No comments: