Tuesday, January 20, 2009

North American International Auto Show




Yesterday we took advantage of one of the benefits of living next to Detroit - Gigantic car shows. Chris wanted to go and said that the kids might like it. I was skeptical because the boys are usually disappointed in the "look, don't touch" environment. I was pleasantly surprised when we got there and the boys had this giddy, awe-struck look on their faces. They loved it. And I actually liked it too. 

Of course we all came away feeling a little discontent with our current cars. Especially Alex. He sat in this Volvo wagon with dvd screens in the headrests and he was like "I want to buy this car! Why can't we buy it?"


Aaron climbed in car after car and fell in love with each one. He liked to open the back seat door himself, climb in, and ask me to close the door for him. Then he would carefully climb in the front seat and push buttons. By the end of the night the boys were a little too comfortable and we called it quits. With Aaron still begging to go in more cars. 


All Alex could say this morning when he woke up was "The car show was so COOL!" We asked him what his favorite part was and he answered "Its just that it was so COOL!" Apparently, tonight's lesson in Family Home Evening was - Shiny cars are cool. 

3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Shiny cars are cool. Very fun. So I guess it wasn't a look, don't touch. Seems pretty hands on to me.

Welch Mom said...

This looks like so much fun. The boys in my family have gone many times and I have never been invited! Maybe I should invite myself.

Jessie said...

Good to know! We've thought about it many times too. Well, now I know what we're doing this weekend.