Friday, June 5, 2009

Thank you CHALLENGED ATHLETES FOUNDATION



The Challenged Athletes Foundation is an amazing organization. I applied for a grant earlier this year and just received my very own custom racing chair. I am so lucky they chose me as a grant recipient.

The chair is beautiful. The color is my favorite. Hopefully nobody will refer to me as "dude" in any future races. (got a couple people saying "Go Dude!" on the Riverbank run) The fit is good but I will continue to adjust it as I figure it out.

As you can see in the table below CAF distributed almost 1.4 million dollars of grant money this year. 79% of applicants were approved!

You can support Challenged Athlete Foundation by visiting their website.

2009 Grant Distribution Statistics


2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats! And the color is fabulous! So pretty! Go Emily, rock those races now!

dacjohns said...

Love the new bike. You are going to be leaving them in the dust on the next race. Thank you CAF too.