Post race
Mile 2
Finish Line Photos Here
Chris and I just got home from a 10 mile race in Flint called the Crim. We had such a great experience. It was the most fun I have ever had on a race. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way. Plus there were several bands (marching, rock, classical) along the way. That was really nice.
On the infamous "Bradley Hills" there was a band at the top playing little riffs and beats to the rhythm of my pushes. In my dreams they would have started playing Jimi Hendrix' "Foxy Lady" but that didn't happen. Other than that everything was perfect.
The weather was amazing. It didn't rain! It was also in the 60's and overcast. Not what I expected in a late August run.
And by the way, I won $1000 for coming in first with a time of 62 minutes. It was a good day in racing. Thank you Fusion Medical for sponsoring the race and to the Challenged Athletes Foundation for sponsoring my awesome chair.
6 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I'm guessing the $1000 will go towards a trip to Idaho Falls to see your favorite Strattons! At least in my dreams it does.
Love the photos! So funny about the music part, you are a "foxy Lady".
Congrats sounds like you are doing well with your new bike!
Congratulations on your win! Is that the chair you use to chase your little boys with? LOL!
Good work, I think it is so fun that you have gotten into racing this year. It seems to be such a great hobby for you. We miss you!
First!!! I meant to ask you about it ALL day yesterday ... but the craziness distracted me! CONGRATS! I take it you didn't tip over on big hill?
I'll call you to meet up this week and put together our stuff for Sat.
Congrats again!! You are a rock star!
SO awesome!! You so totally ROCK Foxy Lady! OK, I've got my goal. I totally want to run the Crim.
Post a Comment