

(This picture of Chris is at mile 26 and he looks fresh as a daisy)
It is done. We are back in Michigan from our travels out west where Chris and I both did the St. George Marathon. It was a great course. Absolutely beautiful. And I went faster than I ever have before (thanks to the huge hills). The speed was scary at times. On some hills, they were so steep and long I would be riding the brake and still going 35 mph. Yikes. It helped to balance out the uphills where I could not even break 3 mph. It was an amazing experience. Finishing this race in 1 hour 59 minutes qualified me to compete in the Boston Marathon in April.
Even though Chris injured his foot a month before, he was able to run and he finished strong. He and my brother in law Brandon stayed together for the first 14 miles, and finished only about 10 minutes from each other.
4 comments:
35 MPH? Yikes. That's pretty scary. I'm glad Chris was able to run and finish. And he does look just like a daisy in that picture!
Congrats on the race...didn't you finish #1!? You are amazing! I had family who ran along with you. Hope you guys are doing well!
Good going Emily and Chris. I am proud of both of you. Keep up the good work.
35 MPH is scary. Glad you didn't wipe out.
Congratulations! You are AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment