Chris and I went to the annual techsmith party this weekend and got all dressed up. It was a great event with amazing food, entertainment, dancing, games, more food. The theme for the night was New York City Black and White. Chris bought a much needed black suit (very hot) and I bought a top and made a skirt. Which I am very proud of because the top was only $7 and the skirt fabric was $4.50 (for 3 yards!)
I will definitely make my skirts in the future. Not only was it pretty easy (3-4 hours) but after I did a couple alterations to the pattern, it fit me better than any skirt I have ever worn. I added 7 inches to the length because I wanted the hem to float over the floor and not even show my feet. Most normal length skirts hike up and that drives me crazy. I also altered the thigh and knee area to be more fitted. Clothes, epecially formal clothes, are not meant to sit down in all night long. The best thing about it - I was so comfortable.
3 comments:
You guys look fabulous! And I love that you altered the pattern. It looks so great on you and lays really well. Gorgeous! And Chris looks pretty good too. Not as good as Carl, but pretty good. :)
You look GORGEOUS! And I'm so excited you are pregnant! Congratulations!!!
O.k., so I'm way behind the times because I pretty much emptied out my Google reader last year before I went up north. I just had to comment though. What a gorgeous couple you guys make. We appreciate you both in the ward SO much. Thanks for all you do!
Post a Comment