Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mary Free Bed Art Exhibit


After church today we drove to Grand Rapids to attend the Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital's Annual Art Exhibit Reception. It was exciting to see my painting up on display. The hospital bought it so it will be there for years to come.

It was only in that first moment of seeing it up - in public - that it occured to me that I painted myself with no clothes. The hallways of the hosptial were full of people.

I am slowly easing myself into life as an artist. This meet and greet atmosphere was a good example of what I'm not used to. For so long I have kept myself safe in the world of practicing technique but never finishing a piece, naming it, signing it, selling it. I think I am ready for that world now. I certainly enjoyed today.

7 comments:

Alison Brown said...

Congratulations on the sale and on being brave! Hope all is going well for you!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Tremendous! So many exciting things going on in that picture and experience. :)

na said...

You're famous! Good work.

Kmcqueen said...

Beautiful! Once again we see that there is not anything you cannot do.

Jessie said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you took a picture of the painting. You are amazing!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Well, you have a fabulous looking back. And when I saw the picture in this post, before even reading the post, I thought it looked like you and I think it is a beautiful picture.

Kris said...

Emily - Its so good to see you so happy and your painting looks great!! Congrats on being a famous artist. Love, Aunt Kris