Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This is me a couple days ago...

a few minutes before I went in for my scheduled induction. I look ready to have a baby right? Well, I was admitted to Labor and Delivery, had my gown and monitors on, my doctor did an amniocentisis just to be absolutely sure the baby's lungs were developed and and hour later they sent me home. The test came back and said Jacob's lungs weren't ready. So the doctor said that he would give me a steriod shot to boost things a bit and he'd "see me back in a week". The tricky part is the doctor is going on vacation this weekend so I should find out Friday what the actual plan is.

Poor me. I have to join the ranks of every other woman on the planet and not know exactly when I am going to have my baby. It kind of stinks. Good thing is Jacob is getting the best chance at coming into this world a healthy kid. Yay for that.

4 comments:

Daisha said...

Good Luck! Waiting really is the worst.

Alison Brown said...

Yes, your look clearly states "I'm so happy I'm almost done with this!" I personally detest the last month of pregnancy. I'm a super impatient person!

You do look good though! Your boys are adorable!

Kelly & Victoria said...

I am glad they are able to test for little Jacob's "doneness" we don't want any half baked babies ;-)

We are all eagerly awaiting the new baby. Alex and Aaron are the best big brothers little Jacob could hope for.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Em, I love your hair that length. It is my favorite. Probably because that's the length it was when we became friends. I hope little Jacob gets those lungs good and developed quick so you all can meet him in the flesh!