Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Competition - Yikes!

I am doing some research about different racers and what type of equipment they use as well as their technique and positioning. I am learning so much. I am a little overwhelmed right now because I just read that gold medalist Chantal Petitclerc is going to be competing in the Grand Rapids Riverbank Run! Oh my goodness. She is the best in the world right now. Here is a link that shows the list of gold medals she has earned - starting in 1992! I can't believe we are going to share a starting line. 

The crazy thing is that I was already totally nervous about the River bank run because they only offer a wheelchair division in the 25k and that is way farther than I have ever gone before. So I have a month and a half and we will see what can be done in that amount of time. 

I am excited and so motivated. 

1 comment:

Welch Mom said...

Yeah Emily. I think you will do great as you always have such determination. I am routing for you!