Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenged Athletes Foundation Grant

GREAT NEWS!!! I received a grant for a new racing chair from the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) for $2500! Now I can have a chair that actually fits me and is not 10 years old. CAF is an incredible foundation that awards several grants each year for disabled athletes in racing, tennis, hand-cycling, rugby and many other sports. 

I am so grateful to CAF for this grant. What an amazing feeling it will be to use equipment that will help me progress in the sport at an increased rate.  I AM SO LUCKY! 

The next step for me is to work with High Performance Mobility  to order the Top End Eliminator OSR and get it shipped out to me. My guess is it will take about 4 weeks since they custom build each chair. Then CAF will send me some decals and a shirt with their emblem so I can represent them in each race I do. I am going to get to word out about CAF. 

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That is so awesome. I am so happy and super-excited for you. You really are an inspiration to everyone who knows you. And even those that you only briefly come in contact with.

Unknown said...

Leslie, you are too sweet. We sure miss you guys. I got it in my head that I need to visit Idaho sometime this year. I would be great to see you guys.