
I am so excited right now. I just got a check in the mail from the Mary Free Bed Hospital in Grand Rapids for $300. They bought my art! I submitted this piece called "Freedom" to be displayed in their anual art exhibit. They chose a couple to buy and mine was one of them.
I have been making art my whole life but this is the first piece that I felt right about. It was the first time that I felt there was a piece of me up on the wall. And now that piece of me lives a Rehabilitation Hospital where people with spinal cord injuries will spend days and days looking at the walls as they consider their new life.
I am so blessed. My Heavenly Father has given me everything I have - most importantly the knowledge that my life is taking the shape he would have it take.
4 comments:
I love that piece too. It reminds me of "Sound od Music" when Maria is up on that hill singing instead of being a nun. That scene just speaks volumes about being alive and free. I love it! And hopefully the patients in the hospital will be inspired by hearing your story. Hopefully they learn more about you and how amazing and inspiring you are.
That is so awesome. What a great feeling to know where your art is and who it is inspiring. I am so happy for you. I loved that piece as well.
Wow, so cool. I am so happy for you. I know how cool it is to have someone buy your art! I love that piece and think it is a blessing to them to have that!
THIS is absolutely GORGEOUS! I would of SO bought that ! it says pure FREEDOM to me.
luv ya sis!
Post a Comment