Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funny Stories from the Boys

Alex: Alex was really excited for dinner. I gave him a scoop of pasta on his plate and he said to himself just as he was about to take a bite "Now thats what I'm talkin' about."

Aaron: We spent the day at Hawk Island Park yesterday where they have a lake you can swim in. Every hour the lifeguard calls out on his megaphone "Everyone in out of the water! Its time for the water safety check."

Aaron didn't hear him say this and so when I tried to coax him out of the water, he refused to come. Even when all one hundred kids were on the beach and waiting for Aaron to get out he still refused. I was getting anxious. Other moms were offering to go (fully clothed) into the water to get him. Finally the life guard walks over and asks him to get out. He still refused! The life guard tried to lead him by the arm and he wiggled out of his grip. The life guard picked him up by his arms and carried him to the beach. I was embarrassed.

Last night as I was tucking him into bed, I expressed my disappointment in his behavior and explained the whole situation like this. "Aaron, every once in a while the life guard has to say 'EVERYONE OUT OF THE WATER!' then after 5 minutes he yells 'EVERYONE BACK IN THE WATER!' Thats how it works."

To that Aaron said, with a big smile on his face, "Oh, now I get it - that makes sense!" He was relieved, like now he knew the whole story.


1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Love Alex. Love, love, love that kid. Aaron, he was just a little baby when you moved, but I know I would be so frustrated if that were me. It's too bad they don't have that understanding when they are in the situation. It's just too hard to reason with them when they are upset. Okay, funny side note...my word verification is flat chin. How funny.