Saturday, December 20, 2008

Great Crockpot Recipe


Today was a dinner success. That is very exciting for me because I tried something new and experimental.  Experimental because I only had half the items in a cookbook recipe that sounded good, so here is what I ended up doing:

1 lb. frozen meatballs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion sliced
1 c. sliced carrots
1 c. sliced potato
1 c. green beans
2 tsp. sugar
2 c. vegetable juice

Layer all items in the crockpot (in the order given) starting with the meatballs. Cook on High for 2 hours and then on low for 4 more hours.  This is just what I did today because we were at a birthday party from 2-7 but I'm sure the times could be adjusted depending on your schedule. 

I think I'll call it... V8 Meatball Casserole

1 comment:

Missy said...

That sounds SOoo good!