Friday, December 5, 2008

So many firsts


I did my first oil painting. I am really amazed and embarrassed that I've done art my whole life and never picked up oils. I always thought they were reserved for "masters" who only did a certain style.  It was so fun to play with medium that was forgiving! It will probably be a long time before I go back to acrylics or watercolor. (for now) 

Please, as a favor to me, don't look at the gourd.  (It is hideous and I just wanted the painting to be done so I skimmed over it. )

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

It isn't that bad (the gourd that is). If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it so much. How good are you at Photoshop, by the way?

Unknown said...

I know nothing about photoshop. Chris does. Thanks for easing my gourd woes. I am looking at it right now and it actually makes my eyes hurt though.