Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome to my life


I decided to start writing a blog. Mostly because I am way out here in the boonies of Michigan and I love reading and catching up with my long lost family and friends who have blogs.

Lately, I have had this insane desire to connect with old friends, (I mostly blame facebook) develop my artsy side, not eat all my son's halloween candy, and be more grateful for everything. I think that blogging will help me accomplish these things. I am always more grateful for my life when I put in on paper (or screen) sit back and look at it and think... oh its been way worse. 

I chose the title "house of bricks" because I love classic tales like The Three Little Pigs and how stories like that can be sentimental while they are symbolic to life. Plus, I actually live in a house of bricks.  

So as for the artsy side, here are a couple of the projects I've been working on lately:

  • The 4' by 4' charcoal on linen piece pictured above entitled "Freedom"
A book I illustrated as a gift for my Mom. The text for the book was taken from a journal entry I wrote in the summer of 1990.


3 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Em, those books are so good. You amazee. And the picture...I love it. I thought at first that it was a famous picture. It's beautiful. I'm glad you have found some inspiration again. We miss you guys. Life just isn't the same without you.

Unknown said...

You are too sweet. Thanks for being the first to follow my blog. Your blog was my inspiration.

Unknown said...

That picture is absolutely amazing. Do you sell your art now?