We did our first run this season on Saturday. It was the Run for the House at Hawk Island Park. Saturday morning was freezing! Everyone was cold, but the very coldest were our two boys who rode in the jogging stroller for 2 miles and then couldn't take it any more. Aaron kept jumping ship so Chris couldn't finish the race. It was so sad and frustrating. The boys are troopers but we probably won't take them on another race again. Its hard when our needs (running fast) and their needs (playing at the playground 50 feet away) conflict. Plus, the boys are getting big and thats a lot of weight to push.
Good news is I did my personal best at 26:42. The racing chair is very fun and I have a lot to learn in it. I expect that 5k time to get shorter and shorter each month I train.
1 comment:
Too bad for Chris, but good job for you. Way to go! Was it fun?
Post a Comment