Chris is turning 3o tomorrow but we threw him a surprise party on Saturday to celebrate and to, you know, catch him by surprise. I started out by sending him to get a 30 minute massage. While he was gone, the guests arrived and hung out for a while until he got home from the massage. As he was pulling in the driveway, everyone (as in 16 adults and 10 kids) hid behind couches and got ready for the big surprise. When he got home, I asked him how the massage went and said "Babe, I want to show you something." (which was the key phrase to signal everyone to pop out and yell surprise) We turned the corner from the kitchen to the living room and no one popped out so I said, "I SAID Babe, I want to show you something!" And voila, everyone popped out. It was a great suprise and a very memorable experience for the kids. They have always wanted to do that.
After we had dinner and socialized a bit, we all got in a circle and did a sing along to the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was awesome. Pretty much everyone had a solo, Chris played Joseph, and then everyone chimed in on the chorus. I got 11 of the main songs from Joseph in a Karaoke version off itunes, and I gave everyone a copy of the lyrics, so we were set to go. It was fun to see how each person with a solo sang right out and got into character.
The kids loved it and either listened, or danced, or just ran around the house while we were singing. It is something I would fee very comfortable doing again and I hope we can soon. I am thinking Sound of Music would be fun.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Chris! It's too bad it couldn't be a Daffodil Place party, but such is life.
Happy Birthday to Chris! Looks like a blast.
Ha! We were giggling so hard behind the couch because we could only imagine how dissapointed Chris would be when he found out the the "babe, I've got something else for you" line turned out to be a room full of guests rather than some "alone time (wink wink)" with his hot wife. Ha! Sorry Chris!
What a good wife! I wish I could come to your parties!
Post a Comment