
Alex received a Lego castle set a couple years ago. He was 3 years old and couldn't put it together by himself. I put 98% of it together.
Lately, he has been wanting to find old lego instruction books and put together sets he received long ago. We put together several Star Wars ships and he was just getting more excited each time. Finally he asks, "Mom, can we put together the Lego castle?" When he asks this I can feel my eyes roll back and let out a big sigh. The thing is huge. Even putting together a small star wars ship took 2 hours because finding every piece that is unique to that exact set is really hard when we own probably around 20 sets. And all the pieces are now mixed together.
At first I say "Okay, we can do one wall." Which of course turned into one wall or tower a day. Which turned into this. After a week of hard labor, we made the whole castle. Actually, he built the whole thing, I just found the pieces for it. After 12 hours of work, with the help of my best friend, the BOX4BLOX, it was finished. The box4blox is a great Lego sorting and storage system.
It was a great memory. Somehow all the pain and frustration is erased when I look a this sweet picture of Alex.
3 comments:
Oh man! I had no idea about your box4blox system. I just thought they were stackable trays ... not SORTING trays!!! Jealous doesn't begin to describe it!
I wonder if I have all the neccessary pieces to make that castle. Way to go, Alex!
i have gone through that with charlie. isn't it great when they can finally do it themselves?!
Post a Comment